[Ok-sus] Retrofitting homes for energy efficiency

sjpratt at kanokla.net sjpratt at kanokla.net
Sat May 24 15:56:35 UTC 2014

If you want something really quick and handy, and easily removeable, I have a west-facing window in my “sun room” that during the peak of summer, I will put up some of those foil, insulated car window shades in the west window to reflect the heat back out.    To hold them in place, I got a couple of the spring-loaded curtain rods to put on the back of the shades.

I have also used these in very cold, cloudy weather as a bit of impromptu insulation.

They really help when I want to block out the summer sun.

Sylvia Pratt

Sent from Windows Mail