[Ok-sus] Deborah Dalton Don't Despair!

Grace Klinger monkeyfritzsis at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 2 02:14:27 UTC 2014

 Just back from planting wheat and attending OSU Rural Economic meeting yesterday. If corn, wheat. and soybean prices do not increase to the actual cost of production, ordinary Farmers will be a thing of the past. Add continued escalation of land prices and we all will be eating whatever the corporate farms "create" for food.  Cattle prices are at an all time high with herds at a 60 year low, I am trying to actually find out production costs comparable to profits to address possible help to consumers, who are priced out of "eating". Cloning beef would be a way to increase populations albeit very unnatural. In the new Farm Bill Are some ways to help alternative  and micro agriculture. The "hungry" must do their part
to solve the problem such as grow some of their own food , or participate in a community effort, as the sheer numbers drive the kind of immoral, unsustainable "agriculture" we have seen emerging. I have always liked the idea of cutting out the middle managers, who have minimal risk and maximize profits..