[Ok-sus] Once more to the barricades in defense of our right to grow and eat food

Bob Waldrop bob at bobwaldrop.net
Fri Nov 7 16:03:44 UTC 2014

In 2011, Congress in an orgy of corporation entitlement, passed the
"Food Safety Modernization Act", which in reality is the "Impose FDA
Martial Law in Farm Country" Act.

Last year the FDA proposed regulations to implement the act which we
(the Oklahoma Food Coop) and others in the local food community urged
that we all comment on.

Now the FDA is back, with new regulations, and before Thanksgiving I
will have some specific suggestions for commenting on the new rules.
They are better than the previous proposal, but there are still issues,
most notably on how they impact small farms and food businesses selling
directly to the local community.

In the meantime, I invite all to listen to this online Radio Program
tomorrow, Nov 8, at 11 AM our time (9 AM Pacific) to an interview with
Judith McGeary of the Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance organization in
Texas, which actively represents small direct-marketing farmers in the
public policy debates with the government.

Tune in at http://metrofarm.com/food-chain-radio/ .

Find the FARFA at http://farmandranchfreedom.org/

Bob Waldrop, Oklahoma Food Cooperative
http://www.oklahomafood.coop

PS.  The November order, with the widest array of locally grown and made
food and non-food items, is open until next Thursday for your shopping
convenience.  "Now open for non-member shopping."

--
http://www.ipermie.net How to permaculture your urban lifestyle and adapt to the realities of peak oil, economic irrationality, political criminality, and peak oil.