[Ok-sus] Communication and Advancing Toward Sustainable Communities (Oklahoma and Kansas)

Wieters, K. Meghan kmeghanwieters at ou.edu
Mon Sep 8 19:19:10 UTC 2014

[Standard apologies for cross-postings / duplicate emails on different listservs.]

Communication and Advancing Toward Sustainable Communities

Hello fellow planners, related professionals and interested individuals,

We are working on a project to collect stories from people like you about concerns and approaches to environmental and sustainability planning in our region.  Dr. Huston Gibson is working at Kansas State University and I am working at the University of Oklahoma.   The goal is to generate a best practices document for communication and advancing toward sustainable communities with a focus on our part of the country.

We had the opportunity to speak with several folks in Manhattan, KS last year, in a group session, but would like to take some time to sit down with you for a one-on-one conversation. Huston and I will be traveling around Kansas and Oklahoma this fall, and hope to set up meetings with you to have some coffee and chat about how environmental and sustainability planning differs in our region.   This will include discussing better approaches to discussing the topic of sustainability, appropriate words to use, and ways people in our region participate in the discussion in positive ways.

Thank you for reading this email and considering being part of this effort.

If this is something you would like to discuss further with me, please email me at:  kmeghanwieters at ou.edu<mailto:kmeghanwieters at ou.edu> and we will talk details about setting up an appointment to chat.

Sincerely,

K. Meghan Wieters, AICP, PH.D
Assistant Professor
University of Oklahoma
College of Architecture
Regional & City Planning (RCPL)
Office: Gould Hall 259
Tel. 405/325-3851
Email. kmeghanwieters at ou.edu<mailto:kmeghanwieters at ou.edu>

Mailing Address:
University of Oklahoma
830 Van Vleet Oval, Rm 162
Norman, OK 73019-6141

Huston John Gibson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Landscape Architecture/Regional & Community Planning
The College of Architecture, Planning & Design
Kansas State University
302 Seaton Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-2909
785/532-3753