[Ok-sus] FW: Frackdown: Are you ready?

Vicke Adams vicke at vickeadams.com
Mon Sep 15 15:14:19 UTC 2014

I tried to find a FRACKDOWN event to attend but when I looked at the map I couldn't find any in Oklahoma. Is anyone thinking about hosting one?

http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/images/stationary/fww-general/spacer.jpg

http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/images/stationary/fww-general/spacer.jpg
 <http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=_QR1pOqULKT47WjsLChgAQ> Food & Water Watch
http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/images/stationary/fww-general/email_topbar.jpg

http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/images/stationary/fww-general/spacer.jpg
Fight Back Against Fracking on October 11
Host an event for the Global  <http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=YA-zOY-elvmLiMDDvrmjuw> Frackdown!

http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/images/stationary/fww-general/spacer.gif

Global Frackdown Oct 11
Join the  <http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=1jemO6JS6BwOkST9sGy3NA> Frackdown by hosting an event on 10/11!

Dear Vicke,

There's nothing more powerful than communities coming together to demand change. It's happening all across the country, from California to Colorado to New York, and now, we're bringing the global community together to fight fracking again this fall for the third annual Global Frackdown!

 <http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=xfm8SdPaRxBhsQmD-y-3Gw> Are you in? Sign up to host an event to join the Global Frackdown on Saturday, October 11!
This October — just weeks after the September 21  <http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=SCngsnzplHBKg1OtQWvwgQ> People's Climate March in New York — communities all around the world will stand together to protest fracking, the dangerous method of extracting fossil fuels from deep underground, threatening our water, climate and the safety of our communities.

When we launched the first Global Frackdown three years ago, the conversation around fracking was different. The questions being asked were more about how fracking could be regulated than whether it should happen at all. But you changed that. With the help of our allies across the globe, we've been able to change that conversation. Fracking is no longer inevitable. Communities are fighting back and saying NO to fracking.

 <http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=qYHw0AlWOYubLhlkb5KZ0w> We're looking for an event host in Proctor. Sign up to put your community on the map!

The Global Frackdown is all about making our movement stronger by standing together with one unified voice on October 11. The individual actions happening around the world will vary, and  <http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=oq-opZUlbQfR94-fu-8jlA> it's up to you to decide how your community will participate. Your event can be a march, rally or something as simple as an educational screening of the anti-fracking film, "Gasland."

In Naples, Florida, they'll march along the beach to the Governor's beachfront home. Residents in Denver will get together to collect signatures against fracking in Colorado. Others will join with their community to take a photo holding signs to protest fracking.

When you  <http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=zuPZAhobfRMncesHBtShog> sign up to host an event, we'll follow up with everything you need. Whether you're a seasoned activist, or just concerned about fracking anywhere near you or your neighbors, we want you standing with us this October.

 <http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=QtMOygUgxjjGY1UxlLdx3g> Sign up here to put Proctor on the Global Frackdown map!

Thanks for getting involved,

Mark Schlosberg
Organizing Director
Food & Water Watch
act(at)fwwatch(dot)org
P.S. We just launched the event map, and already over a dozen actions are scheduled for the Global Frackdown.  <http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=JMhIfM0tnBpu1SSa_Q89CA> Check out the map to see all the events planned so far, and text "FRACKDOWN" to 69866 for updates leading up to the day of action.
http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/images/stationary/fww-general/spacer.jpg