[Ok-sus] Fwd: INTERNSHIP Opportunities in Washington DC this FALL - Apply by Aug 31st, 2015

Eric Pollard ewpollard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 14:11:06 UTC 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Randy Downs <randy.downs at sierraclub.org>
Date: Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 3:34 PM
Subject: INTERNSHIP Opportunities in Washington DC this FALL - Apply by Aug
31st, 2015
To: SSC-ANNOUNCE at lists.sierraclub.org

[image: Inline image 1]

*Sierra Student Coalition Internship Program!*

The SSC offers year-round internships in our national headquarters in
Washington DC. Our internships provide a hands-on opportunity for youth to
gain an in-depth understanding of the field of youth organizing and the
specific role that the SSC plays in this field and the broader youth
progressive movement.

*We’re seeking talented, energetic interns to work alongside our
experienced national staff team on several priority projects THIS FALL:*

   - Campaign Implementation for October 14th National Day of Action
   - Grassroots and Combined Federal Campaign Fundraising
   - Media, communications, and on-line organizing
   - Organizing opportunities leading up to the United National Paris
   Climate Negotiations

*Key Skills We're Looking For:*

   - Strong communication, writing, event-planning and/or research skills.
   - An organizer at heart. You should work well with others and be eager
   to empower and engage others in the democratic process.
   - Passion for building grassroots power and a willingness to work your
   heart out to save the world.
   - Leadership experience. You start projects, rally people, and inspire
   others.
   - Strong self-starter and quick learner. You don't need someone to tell
   you what to do, but you take advice when it’s given to you.
   - Hard worker, can do flexible hours, and manage your time
   independently. You know that changing the country doesn't always happen
   between 9am and 5pm (although we can work around your class schedule, too).
   - In it to win it! The stakes are getting higher every day for this
   issue, and you should be ready to do everything you can to make sure
   climate change and energy is a top issue this year.

Don’t apply if you are just looking to make coffee and photocopies! We give
our interns substantive projects and significant responsibilities. When you
leave us, you are going to have new skills on your resume and impressive
accomplishments to talk about in job interviews—plus a whole new network of
friends and peers in the environment and social change in the non-profit
world!

Interns are selected on the basis of their interests, education and
experience in political science, environmental studies, natural resources,
history, law, journalism, computer science or other related fields. We
especially seek interns who have been directly involved in campus
organizing work and have good communication and writing skills.

Our normal intern rotations are in the fall, winter/spring, and summer but
we are flexible with other starting dates and weekly hours. We do this to
accommodate candidates with different background and needs.

*How to Apply:*

To apply, please fill out the online application form here:

https://docs.google.com/a/sierraclub.org/forms/d/1ESq5Bz-TDxicHhCiBYQ4GY0mXVPI82ZNAdrHXYvb7wM/viewform

Be sure to select the Sierra Student Coalition program in the application.

Please indicate your specific interest or experience, if any, in relevant
environmental issues and your availability dates. Upon receipt of all the
information by this office, your application will then be considered.
Except in rare circumstances, DC internships are unpaid. *Deadline to apply
for a Fall internship is August 31st, 2015.*

For any specific inquiries regarding the internship program, email the
Internship Coordinator, Randy Downs, at randy.downs at sierraclub.org.

Thanks!
--

Randy Downs
Associate Representative, International Climate Campaign

Represented by John Muir Local 100

Sierra Student Coalition
50 F Street, NW | 8th Floor | Washington, DC 20001
202-548-6592 (o) | 636-358-2739 (c) | 202-547-6009 (f)
randy.downs at sierraclub.org | www.SSC.org <http://www.ssc.org/>
ᐧ