[Ok-sus] Earth-Rebirth Workshops in Norman

Temur Akhmedov okenergysavers at live.com
Fri Aug 21 14:14:09 UTC 2015

Greetings to Oklahoma Sustainability Community!

I hope all are surviving a great mix of floods, rain, 100F heat and an occasional earthquake for a desert.

I wanted to bring everybody's attention to a series of workshops put together by a Norman-based non-profit Earth-Rebirth (http://www.earthrebirthnow.org/, (405) 358-3565, 325 E Comanche St, Norman, Oklahoma). In fact, the series already started last week with a workshop on essential oils.

Below is info on the next 2 workshops and links to their respective Facebook pages. On Sat Aug 29, 2015, I will be teaching a seminar on energy efficiency, renewable energy and specific steps you could make to promote energy & broader resource efficiency in Oklahoma. The topics are relevant to all people around Oklahoma and beyond. The ideas shared can be applied to your home, to your work places and beyond. Just FYI, all the proceeds will go to cover the costs of the seminar series and for all sorts of good causes. I am volunteering my time and will not compensated in any way. Through collaboration with Earth-Rebirth we managed to offer this seminar at 1/2 the usual cost: $5 general admission, and $4 student. In addition to main subject of the seminar, I will give a quick update on Oklahoma State Facilities Energy Conservation Program at the seminar.

Sat Aug 22, 2015

ER Workshop: Harvesting and Food Preservation

So you finally started a garden..and now you feel a bit clueless just watching it grow wondering what to do next. No fear! Join Earth Rebirth for a workshop on properly harvesting your garden and preserving food the right way!

Answer some of the common questions:
- When do I harvest? How much?
- How do I store fresh food?
- How can i make it last longer?

Learn the basics so you can get the most out of your garden and your food supply. $10/person and $8 for students!

More info: https://www.facebook.com/events/802773073172911/

Sat Aug 29, 2015

ER Workshop: Building Efficiency

What is energy efficiency? What could it mean for you, your family, your community?

Join Earth Rebirth for a unique community workshop about building our efficiency through the building efficient systems in our homes, our businesses, our schools, and our lives. The workshop will feature interactive exercises, aimed at better understanding of energy efficiency, its role as part of sustainability and develop specific ideas of what you can do to move forward!

This workshops will have a HALF PRICE SPECIAL:
$5 General Admission
$4 Students

ABOUT our FACILITATOR:
Temur Akhmedov is an expert in energy and resource efficiency, renewable energy and sustainability with over 10 years of experience. Most recently, he is facilitating change at state agencies such as the University of Oklahoma through the Oklahoma Facilities Energy Program (see link at the bottom).

https://www.ok.gov/20x2020/

More info: https://www.facebook.com/events/800893906693612/

I hope to see you there!

Temur Akhmedov, LEED AP

Green Building, Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy
C: +1-405-229-9165 F: +1-866-661-5253

  Please consider the environment
before printing this e-mail or attachments

Confidentiality
 Notice:  This email, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
the intended recipient (s) and may contain confidential and privileged
information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited.  If you receive this email and are not the intended
recipient, please inform the sender by email reply, and destroy all
copies of the original message.