[Ok-sus] FW: CommonWealth Garden School

Timothy Tillman TTillman2 at uco.edu
Sat Feb 28 13:49:39 UTC 2015

Timothy Tillman, ACCSI
Sustainability Coordinator
University of Central Oklahoma
ttillman2 at uco.edu
405-974-3526

From: Elia Woods <eliawoodsgarden at att.net<mailto:eliawoodsgarden at att.net>>
Date: Friday, February 27, 2015 at 11:10 PM
To: "okc-owner at lists.sustainableokc.org<mailto:okc-owner at lists.sustainableokc.org>" <okc-owner at lists.sustainableokc.org<mailto:okc-owner at lists.sustainableokc.org>>
Subject: CommonWealth Garden School

Hello,
Could you post this on the SOKC list serve?
Thanks!
Elia Woods

CommonWealth Garden School
CommonWealth Urban Farms at 3310 N. Olie, OKC
Saturdays from 8:30 to 9 am, March 7 thru October 31, 2015
The first week will be a special 1 hour class, Designing and Starting Your Home Garden. Saturday, March 7 from 8:30 - 9:30 am. What kind of garden do you want? We'll cover site selection, raised beds vs. growing in the ground, preparing a garden bed, seeds vs. seedlings, plus planting potatoes and onions.
Course Description
A practical, hands-on, weekly class specifically for home gardeners. If you've never gardened before, or if you want to deepen your gardening knowledge, this course is for you. Take what you learn straight home and put it to use in your own garden!
Each class will focus on a specific topic relevant to the season. For instance, in our class on broccoli, you will learn about different types of broccoli, when and how to plant broccoli, join in as we plant broccoli seedlings together, and go home confident in planting broccoli successfully in your home garden. Seedlings will often be available for purchase on-site.
Instructors
Elia Woods plus guest presenters. Elia is co-founder and farm manager of CommonWealth Urban Farms.
Cost
$10 per session; attend as many sessions as you wish
OR $200 for entire course ($100 savings!) for 30 weeks
OR Volunteer for 2 hours on a Saturday and get a free session
Sign up here<http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0845adad22a1f94-commonwealth/> and pay by cash or check when you arrive, or stay after class and volunteer.
Upcoming topics will be listed on our FB page.<https://www.facebook.com/Commonwealthurbanfarms>
Email info at commonwealthurbanfarms.com<mailto:info at commonwealthurbanfarms.com> for more information.
Commonwealthurbanfarms.com<http://commonwealthurbanfarms.com>