[Ok-sus] 20x2020 @ Western Oklahoma State College (Altus, OK)

Temur Akhmedov okenergysavers at live.com
Fri Sep 18 16:25:47 UTC 2015

Anita, Bob, sustainability bunch!

I'm glad there is interest. The website Anita mentioned is the official state website. We are 2 years into the program - started in January 2014. Before that I spent 1.5 years negotiating with the state team on the designs, objectives and the financials of the program. Program participants include state agencies, state colleges and one high school (Oklahoma School for Science and Math in Oklahoma City). Over 5,000 buildings with over 80 million sq ft are covered. State parks you visit, state colleges you attend, turnpike booths you drive through, office buildings, hospitals, even prisons and juvenile facilities - the full spectrum of human activities. The program is focused on occupant and operational behavior, while also supporting efforts on building systems upgrades. State aims to save $100 million over 5 years of the program duration. That is $100 million of your tax dollars! The big question is changing culture of energy use in Oklahoma state facilities.

I posted some updates on the program over the last 2 years, but not as regularly as I probably should.

If there is interest, I will gladly speak at an event to describe successes and challenges of the program.

Thank you,

Temur Akhmedov, LEED AP

Green Building, Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy
C: +1-405-229-9165 F: +1-866-661-5253

  Please consider the environment
before printing this e-mail or attachments

Confidentiality
 Notice:  This email, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
the intended recipient (s) and may contain confidential and privileged
information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited.  If you receive this email and are not the intended
recipient, please inform the sender by email reply, and destroy all
copies of the original message.