[Ok-sus] Energy manager is needed

Temur Akhmedov okenergysavers at live.com
Thu Feb 25 20:07:40 UTC 2016

Greetings to all,

One state agency in Oklahoma City is looking for an experienced energy manager. Working knowledge of HVAC system and building automation controls is a must. I don't have all the details. This position will involve both behavior based strategies per Oklahoma State Facilities Energy Conservation Program (20x2020) and more advanced operational energy management strategies.

If you or anyone you know is looking for an opportunity please let me know.

By the way, Department of Environmental Quality last year got an award for cutting energy costs by over 20% from 2012 to 2014! For more information on the program and to view utility data, please visit http://www.ok.gov/20x2020. I would mention Oklahoma City Community College, Western Oklahoma State College, Northeastern A&M College, Northern Oklahoma College, Connors State College and Northeastern State University among those who actively engage various energy efficiency strategies involving staff, students and faculty. From the state agencies, Department of Human Services (DHS) has the most robust comprehensive program, which looks both into equipment and behavior. Several groups have been engaged into equipment upgrades over the last decade to increase efficiencies. These efforts are becoming more even important at the time of significant budget challenges. In my view, cutting utility bills is a very valid way to address budget cuts. Even 20% cut in utility bills will not solve the budget problem. However, cutting $20 million out of total state's annual utility bill could potentially save few jobs and few programs. At least I believe that being the case. Please reach out to your favorite school or state agency to learn about their energy efficiency programs. They need your support!!!

Thank you,

Temur Akhmedov, LEED AP

Green Building, Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy
C: +1-405-229-9165 F: +1-866-661-5253

  Please consider the environment
before printing this e-mail or attachments

Confidentiality
 Notice:  This email, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
the intended recipient (s) and may contain confidential and privileged
information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited.  If you receive this email and are not the intended
recipient, please inform the sender by email reply, and destroy all
copies of the original message.