[Spin-capetown-announce] Reminder of CT-SPIN #64: Taming the customer support queue: A Kanban Experience Report

Herman Lintvelt herman.lintvelt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 01:36:16 CST 2011

Dear Software Professional,

Herewith a reminder that the 64th meeting of the Cape Town SPIN will take place at the Bandwidth Barn in Cape Town this evening, Wednesday 16 February 2011.

Karen Greaves will talk to us about their experience in "taming the customer support queue". To quote her:
"In Aug 2010 we reduced the size of our development team. We needed to handle customer support issues and new development with the 3 remaining teams. We had over 600 open defects and the list was growing daily. On top of that our first clients were going live. Clearly some radical change was needed. We implemented Kanban.

The result? In Dec 2010 we had no open severity 1 issues. Our queue was down to 54 issues. SLAs are met in most cases, and our resolution rate exceeds our incoming rate.

I’d like to share our story, and inspire you to tame your support queue too!."

Note: this talk by Karen Greaves has been accepted for the Agile 2011 Conference, August in Utah. Be the first to hear it at CT-SPIN next week.
Snacks kindly sponsored by ScrumSense.

Wednesday, 16th February 2011, 18h15
Bandwidth Barn
Cape Town

Please see the website for more information and updates: http://ctspin.actualiser.co.za/2011/02/08/ct-spin-64-taming-the-customer-support-queue-a-kanban-experience-report/

Anyone is free to attend. Please RSVP on the website.

We look forward to seeing you there,

The CT-SPIN Committee